[kaffe] Re: [tritonus-user] Tritonus on kaffe

Matthias Pfisterer matthias.pfisterer at web.de
Thu Dec 19 23:59:55 PST 2002

Matthias Pfisterer wrote:
> Dalibor Topic wrote:
>
>> My other problem is that libtritonusalsa needs javah
>> to run on some Alsa* inner classes. I can't seem to
>> get the $-character properly quoted in the Makefile.am
>> file, and I'm not even sure kaffe's javah properly
>> supports them anyway. If the inner classes could be
>> moved into proper classes of their own, that would let
>> me add support for ALSA in a much easier fashion.
>

> Removing these inner classes is on the TODO list, too. I noticed that
> there is no real benefit from using inner classes. Data hiding has to be
> violated anyway. (For instance, m_lNativeHandle in AlsaPcm.HWParams has
> to be package visible instead of private.) So I agree to changing the
> inner classes. Please tell me if this is high priority.
> (And I think the bug in javah has to be fixed anyway.)

I've fixed this now, too. You have to update the following directories:
- src/lib/alsa
- src/org/tritonus/lowlevel/alsa
- src/org/tritonus/sampled/mixer/alsa

As my system currently is only partly working, I wasn't able to check if
Tritonus still runs with the changes. I was only able to compile and
link. Maybe I forgot to change some method name, which will be detected
at run-time. So if you get obscure problems, it may well be my fault.

Matthias

--
Matthias Pfisterer	<mailto:Matthias.Pfisterer at web.de>
Reuchlinstrasse 28	phone +49-711-62 87 12

Java Sound Examples:
http://www.jsresources.org/examples/
Java Sound Programmer's FAQ:
http://www.jsresources.org/faq/
Tritonus, the open source implementation of the Java Sound API:
http://www.tritonus.org/