[kaffe] java.lang.reflect.Method virtual method call bug (CVS)

Benja Fallenstein b.fallenstein at gmx.de
Fri Dec 27 15:55:45 PST 2002

Hi Helmer,

Helmer Krämer wrote:

>With that nice test case of yours, I was able to
>track this bug down and hopefully also fix it.

Yay, great! :-)

>The problem was that kaffe did not choose the
>correct entry in the dispatch table of the object
>when calling interface methods via reflection
>or jni.
>
>With the attached patch applied to kaffe CVS, your
>test case works fine,  but would you be so kind to
>check whether it fixes your problems with jython,
>too?

It fixes the previous issue-- thanks! Gzz still doesn't start; I get a
"java.lang.VerifyError: No code attribute for
gzz/client/GraphicsAPI.startUpdateManager." Obviously, since the code
never progressed this far before, I have no idea what's causing this,
yet. We'll see.

Thanks again for your help,
- Benja