Problems probably related to KJC

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Sat Jan 5 18:07:07 PST 2002

First of all,  most of the tests in "make check" of kaffe built
from CVS as of Jan 6 15:57 GMT, 2002 fail showing the following
message:

|=======================
|109 of 112 tests failed
|=======================

Let's go back to Aug 31, 2001.

All the tests in "make check" passed this time. But some
program compiled under kaffe built this time dumps core.
The same program had no problem when it was compiled
under kaffe as of Aug 22, 2001.

|accessing free page 0x101eaa68 (above 0x8101000)
|Abort trap - core dumped

I am sorry I cannot show the problematic program here,
but I can send it to you if you are interested in
investigating the case.

I am afraid the changes committed on Aug 28:

|2001-08-28  Edouard G. Parmelan  <egp at free.fr>
|
|        * libraries/javalib/kjc.jar: updated with kjc-suite-1.5B-bin.jar.
|
|        * libraries/javalib/Klasses.jar: rebuilt with kjc-1.5B on
|        GNU/Linux PowerPC.

has something to do with these problems.