[kaffe] IA-64 status

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Jul 1 01:45:19 PDT 2002

Hi,

> > 1) Note that the jthreads implementation won't work on ia64 if compiled
> > with any gcc < 3.0 (tested 3.0.2 and 3.0.4 nowadays).
>
> Gwen, I have problems compiling .java-files on my Itanium machine but I
> compiled Kaffe with a gcc < 3.0. As I understand from the messages in
> the mailing list there's been problems with getting Kaffe to work on
> IA-64? Is it supposed to work if I'd use 3.0.4?

I am surprised you even succeeded in compiling the Klasses from a
gcc-"2.96" built kaffe. It used to fail in the past. I will check again.

In the mean time, the packages I built for MDK 8.1/ia64 are available
here: <http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gbeauchesne/ia64/kaffe/>. Or any
other mirror for the 8.1 distribution actually.

Bye,
Gwenole.