[kaffe] Bug report: appletviewer doesn't repaint

David Turner novalis at novalis.org
Fri Jul 5 13:44:29 PDT 2002

Kaffe Virtual Machine
Copyright (c) 1996-2000
Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.  All rights reserved
Engine: Just-in-time v3   Version: 1.0.6   Java Version: 1.1
Configuration/Compilation options:
  Compile date  : Fri Apr 12 15:20:00 CDT 2002
  Compile host  : sarge.private.brainfood.com
  Install prefix: /usr
  Thread system : unix-jthreads
  CC            : gcc
  CFLAGS        : -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
  LDFLAGS       :  -export-dynamic
  ChangeLog head: Thu Apr  4 18:44:05 CEST 2002 Tim Stack
<stack at cs.utah.edu>

This version of Kaffe is from Debian GNU/Linux unstable.

I did:
novalis at banks:~$ appletviewer http://novalis.org/set.html

My ancient Set applet came up just fine.  I clicked Player 1, and then
three cards making up a set.  The three cards were removed, but the new
cards didn't appear until I hid the appletviewer window under my
Evolution window and exposed it again (or switched to another desktop
and back).

To test this, you don't have to actually know how to play Set.  Just
click Cheat (you will get an exception -- I don't know if this is my bug
or Kaffe's, but you can ignore it). Then click Player 1 and click the
three highlighted cards in any order.

The web page listed has a link to the source code for the applet (please
excuse its excretable style -- like I said, it's old).  The applet used
to work fine on Sun's JRE, and on whatever shipped with Win98.

--
-Dave Turner                                  Stalk Me: 617 441 0668
<bear_work> just think - you could develop a rare form of cancer