[kaffe] Native Cygwin Kaffe for Cygwin/Xfree

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sun Jul 7 10:29:22 PDT 2002

Good questions.  I haven't played with the win32 much yet, other than
trying to get it to compile.

I just tried configuring it with "./configure
--with-threads=unix-pthreads", and the compile died in
kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-pthreads/thread-impl.c when it tries to
include the bits/local_lim.h file, which doesn't exist on cygwin.
That's probably non-portable (I think _POSIX_THREAD_THREADS_MAX is the
#define that is used) and should be fixed.  Any takers?

If pthreads work nicely in cygwin, I'd be very interested in seeing in
how it compares to our win32 threads.

I imagine X11 support should just work, unfortunately, on my cygwin
install, I don't seem to have the X11 headers (I did install the XFree86
stuff in the past).  When I get some time, I'll fix my setup, and try
testing it.

Cheers,

 - Jim