[kaffe] Bug Report in GregorianCalendar.set or getMinimum

Christian Hammers ch at lathspell.de
Sun Jul 7 17:10:13 PDT 2002

Hi

GregorianCalendar is implemented unixtime based so limited to 1970 - 2037.
But the actual bug is that getMinimum(Calendar.YEAR) reports 0 as minimum,
set() accepts 1800 and println prints it, but as soon as I do an add() the
date jumps to 1970.

So either
 - make it non unixtime based
 - let getMinimum return 1970 (dito for getMaximum etc)
 - throw exceptions

Version in use:
	Kaffe Virtual Machine
	Copyright (c) 1996-2000
	Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.  All rights reserved
	Engine: Just-in-time v3   Version: 1.0.6   Java Version: 1.1

bye,

-christian-

P.S.: I'm not subscribed to this list, I just want to issue a bug report
      before switching to j2sdk1.3. But would be happy about a Cc in replies.