[kaffe] building for powerpc

Mathieu Dube mdube at 8d.com
Tue Jul 9 12:40:03 PDT 2002

Ok,
	having read the mail from Mark and Janice Juszczec. I tried this:
CC=/usr/local/bin/powerpc-snmc-linux-gnu-gcc
AS=/usr/local/bin/powerpc-snmc-linux-gnu-as
LD=/usr/local/bin/powerpc-snmc-linux-gnu-gcc
./configure --target=powerpc-linux
--with-includes=/usr/local/powerpc-snmc-linux-gnu/include/
--with-libraries=/usr/local/powerpc-snmc-linux-gnu/lib/ --with-engine=jit3

but I get this error:
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

its weird coz I compiled some test programs that came with those
cross-compiling tools so Im wondering what Im doing wrong...

Any idea?

Thanks
-Mat

Mathieu Dube -- mdube at 8d.com