[kaffe] Re:Building kaffe-1.07 for powerpc

Mathieu Dube mdube at 8d.com
Fri Jul 12 10:28:11 PDT 2002

Well I did build it it compiled but now it doesnt work on the target it says:
Couldn't find or load essential class `java/lang/Object' (null) (null)

when I start the vm probably coz of all those not kosher things I did

Here are the issues I had if that can help anybody:
-the test program in the main configure and in the libltdt/configure wont
work obviously since the target is not the same as the computer youre
compiling on
-I dont know why, but my guess is becoz of the compiler I have but the
SIZEOF_... didnt work so I had to remove the #if and give jint, jlong the
right values according to the values on the target
-config/md.h was #include "./i386/linux/md.h" instead of
"./powerpc/linux/md.h"
-I had to put #include "powerpc/sysdepCallMethod.h" in
kaffe/kaffevm/support.c so that it would get the right assembly instructions

Hope that helps a bit

Later
-Mat