[kaffe] Request for Donation: New server/co-lo needed for Kaffe.org

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 10:15:22 PDT 2002

Hi Jim,

--- Jim Pick <jim at kaffe.org> wrote:
> This had been coming for a while, and has finally
> happened.  It looks
> like Transvirtual has finally run out of cash and is
> shutting down
> operations.  I spent the last two and half years
> working there (up until
> about a month ago), and it's very sad to see this
> day.  :-(

It's a pity that Transvirtual is going away. :(

Most proposals to solve the resulting hosting problem
point to a single solution: sourceforge.net .

I'd like to point several other sites hosting free
software:

http://savannah.gnu.org/ : despite being the primary
site for GNU projects, it doesn't limit itself to
them. Kaffe could become a savannah hosted project
without becoming a GNU project. Might be interesting
in the light of a better integration with GNU projects
like classpath.

http://www.berlios.de/ : the german sourceforge
equivalent. It is apparently backed by german research
facilities, a few companies, and the local government
bodies of the city of berlin.

http://www.tigris.org : the home of subversion and
ArgoUML, among other projects. Backed by CollabNet.

http://sunsite.dk/ : seem to be looking for more
projects to host. Backed by Sun.

http://www.sourcefubar.net/ : a small free software
hosting site, that seems to be in its infancy. No
annoying advertising though.

best regards,