[kaffe] jit3 64 bit bug?

Kevin D. Kissell kevink at mips.com
Wed Jul 31 09:06:34 PDT 2002

From: "Dalibor Topic" <robilad at yahoo.com>

> --- Svante Arvedahl <exsvaar at softlab.se> wrote:
> > Has the jit3 been ported to any 64 bit architectures
> > yet?
>
> The alpha code only supports "normal" jit. Platforms
> with jit3 include i386, mips, m68k and arm. None of
> them is a 64 bit architecture as far as I know ...

Well, actually MIPS is a 64-bit architecture, or to
be more precise, it has 64-bit as well as 32-bit
incarnations.  Fortunately, 32-bit MIPS code
runs just fine on 64-bit MIPS CPUs - indeed,
all of the Kaffe work that I've been doing has
been 32-bit code on 64-bit MIPS CPUs.
I mention this only to warn people not to assume
that __mips__ being true does necessarily mean
that one is targeting a 32-bit CPU.

            Regards,

            Kevin K.