[kaffe] tomcat3.2.3 doesn't work properly on Kaffe-1.0.6-6

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 12:13:26 PDT 2002

--- Tatsuya Tsurukawa <turukawa at isl.melco.co.jp>
wrote:
> I'm now testing Apache SOAP 2.2 and TOMCAT 3.2.3 on
> Red Hat Linux 7.2.
> to make simple Web Services.
>
> They work well on Sun's JDK1.3.1. Then I tried to
> use Kaffe-1.0.6-6 as
> JVM instead of Sun's JDK, and I found it doesn't
> work. I saw follwing
> errors.

I just had a success to get tomcat 3.2.4 running on
current kaffe from CVS with the attached patches from
Tim Stack.

* how I got it to run:
- got latest kaffe from CVS
- applied attached patches
- compiled and installed
- got the tar.gz package from jakarta.
- extracted it
- added all jars in the lib/ directory to the
classpath
- ran it with
kaffe -Dtomcat.home=<path-to>/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4/
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat
- tested the servlet examples. all worked for me on
lynx and mozilla.
- the jsp examples failed since the JSP engine wanted
to explicately use sun's javac as the java compiler.
there might be a way to get around it by setting an
option to use jikes instead, but I didn't try it. Just
adding kaffe's rt.jar and classes.zip from JDK 1.1.8
to the classpath worked for me. A better solution
would be to write a KjcCompiler class.

I hope this helps

regards,

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com