[kaffe] MIDP kaffe

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Tue Jun 18 07:50:35 PDT 2002

I've thought about what needs to be done.  If we could merge in some of
the PocketLinux work (eg. framebuffer AWT), add an interactive
configuration utility, and perhaps do something like being able to
preprocess the class files, we could support multiple personalities of
Java.  MIDP is mostly a subset, but there some new work would need to be
done to get the graphics done.  I did see this link:

  http://me4se.org/

It's GPL'd, and it's supposedly makes the J2SE APIs like LCDUI work on
J2SE.

Cheers,

 - Jim

Cheers,