Release

Jukka Santala kaffe@rufus.w3.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:45:04 +0200 (EET)

Considering the latest news, I thought I'd re-post this earlier mail.
Ofcourse, I think situations have changed so I think it is now somewhat
obsolete at least for next release, but still might be of some use as
reference for future work.

From: Edouard G. Parmelan (egp@free.fr)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 08:35:47 EDT

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 10:43:45AM +0200, Sergio Ruocco wrote:
> Time passed since the last Kaffe release...from the Kaffe.org website:
> The last release is 1.0.6 and was released on July 25, 2000
> There is some new release at the horizon ? What is holding it back ?
> Where we can contribute to remove roadblocks ?

TODO before next release (not exclusive)
- Rewrite stack inspection for Alpha without OSF/1 libexc. This task
  will enable JIT Alpha for GNU/Linux (and NetBSD).
- Solve random SEGV on NetBSD/PowerPC.
- Write JIT for PowerPC (NetBSD and GNU/Linux).
- Include new release of KJC kjc-1.5A.

Other TODO before or after next release:
- Port to Darwin (Mac OS X).
- Merge libraries with tvt-kaffe.
- Study backlog of patches.
- Solve random (and hard to reproduce) SEGV on FreeBSD/Intel.