Introduction, new maintainer for kaffe

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 09:07:16 PST 2002

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 13:53, Jukka Santala wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Jim Pick wrote:
> > 2) Make a new release as soon as possible.
> >    Version 1.0.6 came out in July, 2000, and there hasn't been a
> >    release since (although there has been CVS activity).  I'd like to
> >    do a minimal amount of testing, and see if we can get it out,
> >    perhaps as early as next week.
>
> So, what does this mean for the Kaffe "custom edition", and the
> unification of it with the Desktop Edition announced on July 19th, 2000?

I assume that they meant the pocketlinux version of kaffe, which seems to be
derived from kaffe 1.0.6, with a lot of stuff thrown in, like gtk-peers,
jit4, more memory management stuff (mem2 & mem3), a lot of AWT fixes, etc.

The pockelinux version seems to have received more attention by developpers,
so that's why I would like to see that code ported back to the kaffe.org
version.

cheers,

Dalibor Topic