Verifier (was Re: Zlib in kaffe?)

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sun Mar 31 15:51:57 PST 2002

I'm not studied up on Java security / verifier theory yet, so I really don't
know where we are at with that.

I did see a patch posted last year for "full bytecode verification":

  http://rpmfind.net/tools/Kaffe/messages/1372.html

Has anyone looked at that?

I also noticed that Tom Tromey has been doing work on the gcj verifier, so
that's probably worth looking at.  I think he also did some work on some
verifier tests for Mauve.

It's a bit early to talk about release goals for the next stable series
(which I think I want to number 1.2.x, after a 1.1.x development series),
but I think I definitely want to see complete 1.1.x security, so kaffe could
be used as a plugin to web browsers to run applets.

Cheers,

 - Jim