[kaffe] Compiling w/jikes or kjc

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 06:48:23 PDT 2002

Hi James,

--- James Walker <walker.j72 at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I have Jikes and Kaffe installed on RH 7.2.  When
> ever I try to compile code with the line 'import
> javax.swing.JOptionPane in it, I get a message
> saying that 'javax/swing/JOptionPane is not defined,
> etc.  How do I point the compilers to the classes,
> or what am I doing wrong.

how you point jikes to classes:
jikes --classpath
/wherever-your-Klasses.jar-or-kaffes-rt.jar-is:other-classes-you-want-to-include

That still won't help you with swing classes, since
kaffe does not come with its own swing implementation.
You'll need to get swing 1.1 from Sun at
http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/download.archive.html

install the classes and add them to your classpath.