[kaffe] Problem when trying to run in debug mode

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sat May 4 07:40:34 PDT 2002

That was a new "feature" that was added because the wrapper script
around kaffe was writing the debug script to /tmp (which was a potential
security hazard, if some other user created a symlink in /tmp).

What you now need to do is to explicity specify where the temporary
debugging script file is to be created by exporting an environment
variable KAFFE_DEBUG_TEMPFILE (set it to the name of file somewhere).

I'll make a point of documenting this better somewhere.

Cheers,

 - Jim