[kaffe] Poor CLASSPATH handling...

Jukka Santala jsantala at tml.hut.fi
Mon May 6 06:19:37 PDT 2002

[jsantala at yavin bin]$ export CLASSPATH=foobar.jar
[jsantala at yavin bin]$ jar

In other words, Kaffe appears to fail/crash silently if it can't find any
component in the CLASSPATH (And this appears to include classpaths
specified in jar files, making most pre-bundled jar-files unusable). It
appears this is the net problem that was keeping XSmiles/Xalan from
running with the latest Kaffe desktop-edition builds. As luck would have
it, I have important business elsewhere, so I'll have to leave fixing it
to somebody else ;) (Unless it isn't fixed by the time I come back...
altough I'm not too familiar with this part of the code, and there's no
exceptions etc. available that early to track execution...)

 -Jukka Santala