[kaffe] The trouble with Klasses.jar

Mikael Pahmp mikael.pahmp at axis.com
Wed May 29 06:47:28 PDT 2002

It was pretty easy.

I removed the following packages (and any sub-packages) from
libraries/javalib/Makefile:
	java.applet
	java.awt
	java.beans
	java.sql
	kaffe.applet
      kaffe.awt
	kaffe.beans
	kaffe.util.log

The only unresolved dependencies in the remaining classes was to
java.awt.Image and java.awt.Toolkit from the following files:
	libraries/javalib/kaffe/net/www/protocol/BasicURLConnection.java
	libraries/javalib/kaffe/net/www/protocol/file/FileURLConnection.java
	libraries/javalib/kaffe/net/www/protocol/http/HttpURLConnection.java

libraries/javalib/kaffe/net/www/protocol/system/SystemURLConnection.java
I just removed the dependent code in these files but it would probably not
be difficult to remove the dependencies in a better way.

Since CDC and its profiles are based on JDK1.3, there is probably classes in
Kaffe that's missing or needs updating. I haven't looked into exactly which
those classes are. These are the packages required by CDC with the
Foundation profile:

./java/io
./java/lang
./java/lang/ref