[kaffe] problem on arm/linux with todays CVS

Jukka Santala jsantala at tml.hut.fi
Thu May 30 03:21:16 PDT 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Alexander Popov wrote:
> There is no support for jit3 for arm as much as I can see...
> Or am I wrong?

jit3-arm.def is included, so I would say it is itnended to work. There are
a couple of register-management changes in the jit-def for PocketLinux,
though. I just noticed that the X-windows build of Kaffe that's been in
use is also built from the Pocketlinux sources, so I'm not sure if
Kaffe.org's version has worked on modern ARM's, at least in recent memory.
So this might take a bit of work; but since all the code is in the
PocketLinux Kaffe version, this shouldn't be a real problem. Anybody know
the exact state of ARM support in Kaffe.org version?

There's quite a lot of differences to the PocketLinux arm-specific files,
so I guess one of those could well cause the failures. Those will also
take some care to merge. As it was originally reported in this bug report
that this problem is in "todays build", does this imply it has worked in
some other recent build?

 -Jukka Santala