[kaffe] Help regarding integrating kaffe with mozilla

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 10:27:11 PDT 2002

hi Prakash,

--- Prakash Betageri <pbetageri at yahoo.com> wrote:
>     I am  trying to give java plugin support  for
> mozilla browser.I want to know whether it is
> possible
> to port kaffe to mozilla browser for plugin
> support.how to go about it ?.I have downloaded
> kaffe-1.0.6v, mozilla-kaffe-oji
> plugins.pocketkaffe.diff. your help in this regard
> will be of great use to me.

get the latest kaffe source from the CVS. stay up to
date. that makes it easier for us to confirm any bugs
in kaffe that you find. read all docs in FAQ/ and
developer/ to get an idea about how kaffe works
internally.

compile kaffe and make sure that it works on your
platform. make check should pass without failures.

get the latest mozilla source. you'll need to
understand the internals of mozilla eventually.

check out http://www.mozilla.org/oji/ . get in touch
with the original developers of the oji patch, and
with the oji people from mozilla. post an announcement
to the oji newsgroup asking for a helping hand with
oji questions.

compile the oji patch, and try to get it to run. apply
patches from the pocketlinux diff with care.

keep us updated. report bugs, and problems with kaffe
to this mailing list.

best regards,