[kaffe] Kaffe CVS: kaffe dalibor

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 04:47:20 PST 2002

Hi everybody,

the big patch that just hit the CVS server is the
first in a series of small steps that will improve
kaffe's class library by outsourcing parts of it to
the GNU Classpath developers. As noone complained when
the issue was brought up on the list, I've started to
include bits and pieces from GNU Classpath sources.

There are 5 new packages this time: java.awt.color,
java.awt.dnd, java.awt.font, java.awt.geom,
java.beans.beancontext, plus a few new classes all
over the map. Plus some initial support for chained
exceptions, and various small updates to our classes
to get the new classes to compile.

The files coming from Classpath should remain mostly
untouched, unless we need to fix some compilation
issues, or the classpath developers update them, i.e.
check a new version into their CVS. Patches for files
and methods coming from GNU Classpath go there first.

The files coming from Classpath have the GNU Classpath
copyright disclaimer, and I've marked methods coming
directly from Classpath sources.

have fun,

dalibor topix