[kaffe] Re: rebuildLib for cross compiling

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Thu Nov 7 20:32:19 PST 2002

Hi Dalibor,

--- Dalibor Topic <robilad at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>--- Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:
>> The configure script knows whether it is cross
>> compiling or not,
>> and then it should not be so hard to determine which
>> java compiler
>> 'rebuildLib' shall use for bootstrapping.
>If you can come up with a patch that simplifies cross
>compiling, I'll be glad to check it in. At the moment
>it's quite hard for novices, as one needs to know what
>variable to set, which file to edit, and so on.

I agree that it's quite hard for novices, especially
after the introduction of rebuildLib while generating
'kaffe'. Of course, I don't say this is the bad direction.

I will try to find out some way later but if there are
some chance to get idea from some other persons who is
doing cross-compiling it is a good help.

Anyway, before starting to attack this I want to fix
several faults (for super-h and m68k) introduced after
the release of 1.0.7. For your info, latest snap generates
13 FAILs in regression test (against only 2 FAILs in 1.0.7) :-<

# And of course jit3 support...

Kiyo