[kaffe] new pthread implementation over Kaffe

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Tue Nov 12 13:02:29 PST 2002

Hi Juan,

Good to have new folks playing with Kaffe!

> I am a computer science student that is making its project aim of
> studies.  I am trying to mount a new implementation of pthreads for
> kaffe.  I need information on this subject.

There is an (older, perhaps out of date?) implementation of Kaffe
threads on top of pthreads in kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-pthreads/.
You must configure Kaffe with "--with-threads=unix-pthreads" to get
Kaffe to use that threading implementation.  (By default it will use
the one in systems/unix-jthreads/.)

The very minimal FAQ/FAQ.pthreads might be a start, also
FAQ/FAQ.jsignal is probably relevant.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, though....

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
  If Gates got a dime each time Windows crashed... Oh, nevermind...