[kaffe] Do not use libltdl

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 05:05:53 PST 2002

Hi Steve,

--- Steve Tsai <startec at ms11.hinet.net> wrote:
> I want to port kaffe to uClinux and my system can
> not use loading
> module. Can I configure the makefile to exclude
> libltdl? I saw another

If your system can  not dynamically load libraries,
then libtool should take care of simulating it.
Otherwise you could compile with --with-staticvm
--with-staticlibs etc. See FAQ/FAQ.libtool for more
information.

> kaffe souce in  XOE_1.0. What's it? Can I use it?
> The source code in
> XOE_1.0 does not use libltdl.

XOE is the GPLD source to a product from Transvirtual,
a now dead company. So yes, you can use it. XOE
includes a modified version of kaffe that we'd like to
merge with our tree, if there are volunteers to do it.
In your case, you might want to take a look at
http://www.kaffe.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pocketlinux/XOE_1.0/src/kaffe-all/src/config/m68k/uclinux/
and work from there.

If you could take these files and get kaffe to run on
uclinux, that would be very cool.

best regards,