[kaffe] Patches to enable kaffe to run Saxon 7.3

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 11:13:09 PST 2002

Hi Ito,

--- Ito Kazumitsu <ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp>
wrote:
> Hi dalibor,
>
> In message "Re: [kaffe] Patches to enable kaffe to
> run Saxon 7.3"
>     on 02/11/21, Dalibor Topic <robilad at yahoo.com>
> writes:
>
> > thanks for the patches. I've checked in the String
> and
> > StringBuffer patch. I've also checked in my own
> toURI
> > implementation that's hopefully correct. Could you
> > test if it works with Saxon 7.3 ?
>
> I am afraid not.  Please see the following test
> result.
>
> $ cat TestURI.java
> import java.io.File;
>
> public class TestURI {
>     static void main(String[] args) {
>         try {
>             File file = new File(args[0]);
>
> System.out.println(file.toURI().toString());
>
> System.out.println(file.toURL().toString());
>         }
>         catch (Exception e) {
>             e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> $ java TestURI test03.xml
>
> file:/home/ito/xml/xsltest/test03.xml

Thanks for the test case. The problems is that the URI
implementation from GNU Classpath is mostly a stub,
i.e. there is just a skeleton facilitating the
compilation of programs using URI, but it won't really
work. It shouldn't be too hard to implement the basic
functionality, though. Do you need some specific URI
methods implemented, or simply the whole thing?

best regards,