[kaffe] tracing method calls

Benoit Hubert benoit.hubert at irisa.fr
Wed Nov 27 01:19:48 PST 2002

Hello

I'm working on a modified version of Kaffe, which uses our own thread and socket subsystems. I use a test program which hangs at some point, but I can't determine precisely where. I think that in this situation, it would be helpful if I could trace each method call made by the program. Before that, I tried to use gdb, but as I use an alternate threading system, when I interrupt the program under gdb, the stack I can examine is that of the threads scheduler.

Can anyone provide me with some hints, regarding how I could modify the JVM in order to make it trace each method call ?

Thanks a lot

Benoit