[kaffe] Qt based AWT implementation linking errors

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 28 05:36:06 PST 2002

hi Sanjeev,

--- Sanjeev Manral <sanjeevm at sanyo.co.in> wrote:
> I downloaded kaffe from cvs and building it with
> qt-awt
> right now I'm building it for native linux (pentium)
>
> My configuration are -
> ./configure --with-awt=qt --with-qtdir=/usr/local/qt
> --without-x
> --with-engine=intrp --with-staticlib
> --with-staticbin --enable-static
> --disable-shared --enable-debug
>
> I've compiled qt-emebedded-free-3.0.5 with -thread
> option, built staticly.
> and it is in proper place. I've created a softlink
> /usr/local/qt/lib/libqte-mt.a as
> /usr/local/qt/lib/libqte.a

I think that one is confusing the configure script.
libqte means qt-embedded without threads. libqte-mt
means qt-embedded with threads. Linking one to another
is asking for trouble. The configure script probably
picks the wrong library, compiles against it (with the
appropriate compile flags) and then can't link to the
symlinked library.

best regards,