[kaffe] Reproducible bugs running Freenet under Kaffe

Matthew Toseland toad@amphibian.dyndns.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:27:13 +0100

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

Hi. Some interesting crashes while trying to run freenet under Kaffe. I
can send you diffs, but it should be pretty close to CVS. The most
interesting thing is that I've gotten occasional crashes for a while,
but now it is reproducible every time. The wierd thing is it's not
always the same error, so if you could tell me what these messages have
in common that would be helpful. Sorry but I'm not (yet) familiar with
kaffe source. This is 1.0.7, but it manifests with various 1.0.6+ old cvs's
too, and current CVS kaffe doesn't build.

Common errors:

$ java freenet.node.Main --paramFile /etc/freenet-unstable/freenet.conf
kaffe-bin: jthread.c:1181: jthread_disable_stop: Assertion
currentJThread->stopCounter < 10' failed.
Aborted

$ java freenet.node.Main --paramFile /etc/freenet-unstable/freenet.conf
kaffe-bin: exception.c:386: dispatchException: Assertion
`!intsDisabled()' failed.
Aborted

$ java freenet.node.Main --paramFile /etc/freenet-unstable/freenet.conf
kaffe-bin: jthread.c:1640: reschedule: Assertion `currentJThread =3D=3D
lastThread' failed.
Aborted

--=20
Matthew Toseland
toad@amphibian.dyndns.org
amphibian@users.sourceforge.net
Freenet/Coldstore open source hacker.
Employed full time by Freenet Project Inc. from 11/9/02 to 11/11/02.
http://freenetproject.org/

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+--