[kaffe] Kaffe Serialization fixes
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:49:33 -0700
I just checked in a fairly large update to Kaffe that brings
serialization support from 1.1-level much closer to 1.4-level. Many
of the more esoteric serialization features (useProtocolVersion,
customization through subclassing, shared/unshared objects, security
checks) are still not implemented. But, the useful new feature (and
motivation for this) is the ability to write
serialization-compatibility code in pure Java (look at HashMap or
BigInteger for examples).
It passes a FullTest.sh run on my Linux/x86 box.
Here's the todo list for serialization-related items (its in
* support useProtocolVersion
* writeReplace / readResolve
* enforce context restrictions on reset()
* "unshared" objects
* Strings larger than 64K
* Better exception chaining/reporting
* Security checks
* Support overriding implementation: writeObjectOverride, no-arg constructor, etc...
* Support for dynamic proxy classes??
* "AnnotateClass" support
* Do inner classes serialize correctly?
* Replace all the native methods with pure Java (and lots of reflection).
----- ----- ---- --- --- -- - - - - -
Pat Tullmann firstname.lastname@example.org
Success means never having to wear a suit.