[kaffe] recompiling kaffe with changes

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 12:13:25 PDT 2002

Hi Matteo,

--- Matteo Porta <mporta at mail.vu> wrote:
> hello, i've studying the src for kaffe 1.0.7.
> i've made some changes to java files and then
> tried to recompile all, using make clean and
> then make, however it seems that it is always
> created the same old jar for the classes.
> do i have to manually compile all the files?

you have to manually recompile the class library in
the old build system, which is used in 1.0.7. make
Klasses will recompile Klasses.jar. You can find more
information in FAQ/FAQ.classlibrary-compile.

I don't remember if you have to manually recompile
class libraries after changes with the new build
system, used in the latest sources from cvs HEAD. I
haven't touched the code in the last month ;)

> if it is so, can you enhance the build system
> to automatically recompile changes and create
> the appropriate jar?
> thanks.

sounds like a good idea to me, if it is not already
implemented in the latest version. Please check out
kaffe from cvs and if it doesn't behave as you
propose, please send us a patch.

best regards,