[kaffe] gpl kaffe

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 12:19:54 PDT 2002

Zdravo Milose,

--- Milos Negovanovic <milosn at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> I've noticed that Kaffe is GPL-ed, so i wondered how
> that applys on
> programs that use Kaffe's VM, do they need to be
> under GPL or similar
> also?

There was a thread on debian-legal that discussed
different points of view on how GPL applies to
programs using it.

Check out
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200208/msg00055.html

for more information.

If you are working for a company on a non-GPLd app,
you should consult your lawyer first. If you are
considering to use kaffe for a free software
application, you should consider putting your
application under the GPL, or dual licensing it under
the GPL.

pozdrav,