[kaffe] superh port

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Fri Oct 18 07:08:09 PDT 2002

Dalibor wrote:
>--- "Katsuaki.Sugiyama"
><Katsuaki.Sugiyama at jp.yokogawa.com> wrote:
>> Does JIT works on superh?
>
>Currently only interpreter works on superh. It is a
>partial merge from the sources from pocketlinux
>performed by Kiyo Inaba (thanks, Kiyo!).

Yeah, I am trying to make JIT work with Super-H. And of course,
I did not forget to write 'cross-compile.FAQ' in some day. For
the last several weeks, I tried to fix some serious bugs in
gdb for Super-H (to go one step further for JIT support ;-<).

>The pocketlinux sources include a superh jit and a
>superh jit3 implementation, which I would like to see
>merged into kaffe.org sources. If you are interested
>in doing the remaining merging work, get in touch with
>Kiyo to see what's missing and please keep the mailing
>list informed.

It is once there, but the code base is too old (maybe 1.0.4 or
something) and till then, there are so many changes happens in
JIT code...

Anyway, gdb becomes to work fine (at least for little endian
SH) and I hope I can go back to 'merge' jit3 implementation
with the latest code base.

Kiyo