[kaffe] Merging missing classes from GNU Classpath

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 07:02:11 PDT 2002

Hi,

I'd like to know what people think about merging some
missing parts of the class library from the GNU
Classpath project. It would extend the range of
software that can run on kaffe, for example allowing
Saxon 7.2 to run, as Ito has shown in this mail :
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2002-September/008902.html

If everybody agrees it's a good thing to "outsource"
part of the class library development, then I'll
investigate what could be merged in.

As it seems that full classpath integration is far
away, I believe this step would ease the pain for
those needing to run applications requiring class
library features not yet supported in kaffe
(java.util.WeakHashMap anyone?).

I'm interested in your opinions,