[kaffe] Reproducible bugs running Freenet under Kaffe

Matthew Toseland toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
Sat Oct 26 06:28:49 PDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 11:59:32AM +0200, Helmer Krämer wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 01:36:01 +0100
> Matthew Toseland <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:

> > > Sorry that my threading is out, but my messages haven't come back yet.
> > > I have found a manageably small test case. I get
> > > $ rm -f /var/lib/freenet-unstable/tertiary/freenet.log ; kaffe
> > > freenet.node.Main --paramFile /etc/freenet-unstable/freenet.conf
> > > Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
> > > Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
> > > java/lang/IllegalMonitorStateException
> > >   at
> > >   freenet.thread.QThreadFactory$QThread.run(QThreadFactory.java:198)
> > > Aborted
> > Is anyone interested in this? The other JVMs are REALLY annoying me,
> > they simply do not provide an adequate development environment (really
> > slow plus usable stack traces, or fast but no line numbers, but nothing
> > in between).
>
> I usually don't have the time to do something just because I'm
> interested in doing it.
>
> Would you please tell me how you configured your kaffe installation?
> Posting the output of kaffe -fullversion would be great.
Kaffe Virtual Machine

Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Kaffe.org project contributors (please see
  the source code for a full list of contributors).  All rights
  reserved.
  Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.

  The Kaffe virtual machine is free software, licensed under the terms
  of
  the GNU General Public License.  Kaffe.org is a an independent, free
  software
  community project, not directly affiliated with Transvirtual
  Technologies,
  Inc.  Kaffe is a Trademark of Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.  Kaffe
  comes
  with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

  Engine: Just-in-time v3   Version: 1.1.x-cvs   Java Version: 1.1
  Configuration/Compilation options:
  Compile date  : Thu Oct 24 15:08:08 BST 2002
  Compile host  : servalan
  Install prefix: /usr
  Thread system : unix-jthreads
  CC            : gcc
  CFLAGS        : -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
  LDFLAGS       :
  ChangeLog head: Sat Oct 19 21:12:10 CEST 2002 Jukka
		  Santala <jsantala at tml.hut.fi>