[kaffe] Problem with garbage collection and p-threads

Timothy Stack stack at cs.utah.edu
Tue Oct 29 06:53:55 PST 2002

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 02:41  AM, Martin Edlund wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I work together with Josef on this project, and this is the output we
> get from gdb
> This does not make any sense to us, but hopefully some of you can get
> something from it.

The garbage collector needs to find the tops of each of the thread
stacks in the system.  Currently, i believe it does this by sending a
SIGUSR1 signal to each thread where it will record the stack top and
notify the collector that it has stopped.  So, when debugging, you
probably want to set gdb to ignore the signal unless you're debugging
that part of the process.

> //Martin

tim stack