[kaffe] DefaultSerialization

Jukka Santala jsantala@morphine.tml.hut.fi
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:26:27 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Patrick Tullmann wrote:
> Anyone know if PocketLinux has any improvements to Kaffe's
> serialization I should be looking at?  (Also, any idea where to get a
> pocketlinux source distro now that pocketlinux.{com,org} is gone?)

The latest (public CVS) versions of PocketLinux's KaffeVM had
serialization disabled - meaning source-files completely removed. I guess
that can be seen as an improvement to image footprint, if nothing else ;)

The soruce-tarballs should be available on Mnet ("Universal file space",
client available from http://mnet.sourceforge.net, altough that's probably
bit more involved than most people are interested in;). They're also
available on the X-smiles (http://www.xsmiles.org) CVS-server, altough it
isn't fully organized yet. And after typing all that out, I remembered
it's on kaffe.org's FTP-site & HTTP gateway as well ;) Altough I think
that doesn't get you the older stuff...

 -Jukka Santala