[kaffe] Serial Comms

Ian Brown Ian.Brown at namitech.com
Tue Sep 10 03:14:49 PDT 2002

Hi

I am busy evaluating using Kaffe for an application ( kind of embedded) that runs on Linux on a 486 (PC104) with 32mb Ram and a 32mb Compact Flash for disk storage. I need to update a database with data from the machine that this little device is installed in.

The database update is no problem as I use TCP/IP sockets from the little Linux boxes and I have a single server that actually performs the updates to the database. (I have more than 100 of these devices !).

In order to communicate with the machines I need to use serial comms and specifically Mark and Space parity. Can this be done with Kaffe ?? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Regards

Ian Brown