[kaffe] assertion failed, !INTS_DISABLED()

Kevin D. Kissell kevink at mips.com
Thu Sep 12 00:02:10 PDT 2002

Oddly enough, I used to get that error on the MIPS port
as a result of a screwed-up stack frame definition.  In my
case, it didn't take long for it to turn up - it happened on
a large number of the regression tests.

In the context of x86, I think this observation just serves
to underscore what Godmar was saying - that this assert
failure seems to be easily triggered by memory (particularly
stack frame) corruption problems that have nothing to do
with the jthreads "interrupt" machinery.

            Kevin K.