[kaffe] Re: Future of extension libraries (Was: Re: [kaffe] NoSuchMethodError: javax/servlet/ServletContext.setAttribute)

Nic Ferrier nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 08:36:01 2003

Dalibor Topic <robilad@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi Jim,
>
> --- Jim Pick <jim@kaffe.org> wrote:
> > Personally, I think that the core Kaffe package should leave out any
> > extension libraries that aren't in Sun's JDK.  We should drop some of
> > the current extensions that are in there now that aren't in Sun's JDK.
>
> That sounds good to me. I'd prefer to move the extensions into their own CVS
> module, than completely drop them.
>
> If you agree, could you move the kaffe/libraries/extensions/{comm, servlet}
> sources into their own CVS module (kaffe-extensions)? sound is not really an
> extension (since jdk 1.4), so it should go into libraries/clib. The Microsoft
> extension code should go into the new module. I'm not sure about the PJava
> stuff, though.

Note that the GNU ClasspathX project has several extensions librarys
(and I think they're probably more up to date that Kaffe's).

We can be found at:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx

Nic Ferrier