[kaffe] Bug [CVS version]: Calling non-implemented method in abstract class

Ito Kazumitsu ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp
Sun Apr 6 17:51:01 PDT 2003

In message "[kaffe] Bug [CVS version]: Calling non-implemented method
in abstract class" Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein at gmx.de> writes:

> Apparently, Kaffe doesn't like when an abstract class calls a method
> from an interface the abstract class implements, if the abstract class
> does not implement that method itself.

When I run Saxon 7.4,  a similar error occurs.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net/sf/saxon/event/Emitter.endDocument()V
        at net.sf.saxon.event.ProxyEmitter.endDocument(ProxyEmitter.java:70)
        at net.sf.saxon.event.ContentEmitter.endDocument(ContentEmitter.java:82)
        at gnu.xml.aelfred2.SAXDriver.parse(SAXDriver.java:345)
        at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlReader.parse(XmlReader.java:303)
        at net.sf.saxon.event.Builder.build(Builder.java:283)
        at net.sf.saxon.PreparedStyleSheet.prepare(PreparedStyleSheet.java:137)
        at net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:133)
        at net.sf.saxon.Transform.doMain(Transform.java:365)
        at net.sf.saxon.Transform.main(Transform.java:64)

net.sf.saxon.event.Emitter is an abstract class which implements
some interface where endDocument() is defined.
But net.sf.saxon.event.Emitter does not implement the metdod
itself.

I do not know which compiler the author of Saxon uses, but
it may be Sun's javac of SDK 1.4.

In order to avoid this error,  I recompile Saxon using kjc
that comes with kaffe.