[kaffe] Bug [CVS]: 1f == 0.0

Timothy Stack stack at cs.utah.edu
Tue Apr 8 14:26:01 PDT 2003

> Hi all,

hi,

> This code:
> [snip]
> gives:
>
> > benja at joy:/tmp$ /home/benja/j2sdk1.4.1_01/bin/java -cp . Bug
> > f = 1.0
> > benja at joy:/tmp$ /usr/local/kaffe/bin/java -cp . Bug
> > f = 0.0

CVS update and give it a go.  Sorry, I couldn't get to it earlier, I've
been busy and out of town.

The problem was that I had changed move_float in icode.c to deal with
constants like move_int/move_ref/etc, unfortunately, I didn't realize at
the time that all the constants were stored as doubles in a union.
In other words, it was writing a double into the union and reading out a
float, which isn't going to work.  Alas, none of the test cases caught
this so it slipped through, sigh.

> Thanks,
> - Benja

tim