[kaffe] Re: Bug [CVS Version]: RMI/Object serialization

Hervé Roussain Herve.Roussain at univ-ubs.fr
Tue Apr 15 07:57:01 PDT 2003

> Here's what apperantly happens:
> the TC_ENDBLOCKDATA byte comes in a single byte too late, resulting in the
> exceptions being thrown.

I found that one byte (TC_NULL) is written but not read (i.e expected)
when there's a writeObject(null)... But I don't know if it should be
expected or not.

I also noticed that there are errors (that have no effects) in
ObjectStreamConstants:
  - TC_PROXYCLASSHANDLEDESC is called TC_PROXYCLASSDESC in JDK 1.4 (it's
not used yet in Kaffe, but we should change this before an "long time
temporary feature" appears... and to avoid any confusion)
  - TC_MAX should be 0x7D instead of 0x7B as 2 constants have beed added

Best regards,
Hervé