[kaffe] Help in making a truely static kaffe-bin?

Seth Ladd seth at brivo.net
Wed Apr 16 09:51:01 PDT 2003

Hello,

I've checked out kaffe from CVS on 2003-04-15, and am trying to make a
very small distro of it.

(Before I forget, I'm on Linux 2.4 or x86)

I tried to make a fully static kaffe-bin, using the configure options
below.  When I ran ldd against it, it said "not a dynamic executable".
But when I remove the libs from jre/libs/i386, and try to run a simple
test java class, I get

Failed to locate native library "libnative" in path:
         /tmp/kaffe//jre/lib/i386:/tmp/kaffe//lib

Is there a way to include every lib statically into kaffe-bin?

Here are the configure options I'm using:

./configure  --with-engine=jit3 --disable-debug --disable-xprofiling
--disable-xdebugging --disable-feedback --without-profiling --without-x
--without-stats --disable-gcj --disable-mips2 --with-awt=no
--without-alsa --without-esd --disable-sound --without-dmalloc
--prefix=/tmp/kaffe/ --enable-ltdl-convenience --disable-shared
--with-staticvm --with-staticbin --disable-static

I get a really large kaffe-bin (~2.5 megs), so I was assuming that the
static compilation worked.  But, removing those libs causes troubles.

Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks very much!
Seth