[kaffe] compiling for m68k with optimization works.

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Fri Apr 18 07:33:04 PDT 2003

Hi Dalibor,

> But the replacement code seems to have trouble locating
> some headers on your system.

It matches to my observation. This time I just want to make sure
this has not yet been detected by someone else, then it is safe
to start tackling this problem by myself ;-) One possible reason
for this mismatch may come from my relatively old (glibc-2.0.7)
configuration for m68k. As you may remember, m68k is not my primary
target, I just want to keep it to compare the result with sh3 big
endian.

As far as --with-awt problem,
> That's a bug. I'll look into configure.in to see what's happening.
Good news for me. For the time being, I just leave it as it is.

For netbsd issue,
> I'm wondering whether netbsd would run on an emulator like UAE [1]
Please don't mention this :-) This is another project which I have
to tackle when I have time... As you may know, we may have the largest
population for NetBSD users in Japan, and some other people keep
trying these effort, but no result until today.

> Or maybe you can ask someone on m68k-netbsd mailing lists to give it a try.
Of course I can do that. But then I can easily imagine the person
who tries may raise some 'bug-report'. So, sooner or later, I have
to make my netbsd up and running.

Kiyo