[kaffe] NoSuchMethodError: javax/servlet/ServletContext.setAttribute

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 18:05:01 PDT 2003

Hi Greg,

--- Greg Wooledge <greg at wooledge.org> wrote:
> When I updated my CVS Kaffe source tree today and used it to restart
> my Freenet node (stable branch), I got the following errors:
>
> 18-Apr-03 7:27:56 PM (freenet.node.Main, main, ERROR): Failed to load
> service: mainport
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

javax/servlet/ServletContext.setAttribute(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
>         at

I think it may have something to do with the CLASSPATH patch I applied
yesterday. The patch always prepends kaffe's own bootstrap classes to the
CLASSPATH.

Could you try to rebuild latest CVS kaffe with the previous version of
kaffe/scripts/kaffe.in and see if that helps?