[kaffe] Kaffe JIT on Alpha

Kapil Vaswani kapil at csa.iisc.ernet.in
Sat Apr 19 07:14:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

I would like to know whether the kaffe v1.0.7 port for alpha on osf1
supports the JIT. Although I have been able to compile and install kaffe
with the JIT engine (with a tweak involving an unresolved snprintf in
external.c, snprintf is not supported on osf), I get the following
message when kaffe or javac is invoked. I have been able to run the
interpretor without problems. Any help will be appreciated.

%>kaffe Test
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/NullPointerException
Abort process (core dumped)

Thanking you,

Kapil