[kaffe] Kaffe JIT on Alpha

Kapil Vaswani kapil at csa.iisc.ernet.in
Sun Apr 20 07:32:01 PDT 2003

Hi Dalibor,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am trying to compile the latest kaffe
version from CVS configured using "--with-staticlib --with-staticvm
--without-x --without-awt --enable-debug --enable-ltdl-convenience" on
an alpha osf1. I had to patch external.c (line 269) for the build to go
proceed.

#ifdef HAVE_SNPRINTF
                                snprintf (errbuf, errsiz, "%s: not found",
                                          last_sep==NULL?path:last_sep+1);
#else
                                /* possible buffer overflow problem */
                                if(errbuf != 0)
                                    sprintf (errbuf, "%s: not found",
                                          last_sep==NULL?path:last_sep+1);
#endif

I also had to comment out the use of inet_ntop function in
clib/net/NetworkInterface.c, since that function wasnt available either.

The build however fails while building javalib as follows.

/bin/ksh ./rebuildLib @essential.files
Compiling classes from @essential.files using
/global/utemp/csakapil/kaffe/kaffe/kaffe/kaffe-bin -verbosegc
at.dms.kjc.Main
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen: cannot load
/global/utemp/csakapil/kaffe/libraries/clib/native/libio.so
./rebuildLib[47]: 29887 Resources lost(coredump)
make[1]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 134
make[1]: Leaving directory `/global/utemp/csakapil/kaffe/libraries/javalib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Does this point to something wrong with my configuration??

Thanks again..

Kapil