[kaffe] kaffe for ARM/eCOS target

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 07:41:02 PDT 2003

Hi Andrea,

--- "andrea.scian at katamail.com" <andrea.scian at katamail.com> wrote:
> hello to everyone!
> I'm a student trying to port a JVM to an ARM/eCOS target.

Abdeslam Benzeghiuoa has tried the same thing. I've CC:ed him, so he can share
his experience.

> I know that Kaffe doesn't directly support eCOS target but I saw in the ports
> web site section that there's a Kaffe VM running on an eCOS system: can
> anybody tell me something about that?

I've CC:ed Ryouzaburou Suzuki, who ported kaffe to sh4-ecos. See
http://www.sinby.com/ for more information about it.

It would be nice to have the port merged in, but I don't know how well the
patches apply to the current CVS tree. Since we already have the sh3-linux port
merged in, the patches might not apply cleanly anymore.